Ian A Jaundoo who tutored a team in the finals of the Country Range Student Chef Challenge gets creative with digestives biscuits.
- Chilli Pineapple & Mango Fool – A simple dessert using greek yoghurt layered in a verrine glass with coarse mango puree, yoghurt, lightly crushed digestives and pineapple pieces that have been lightly caramelised with diced red chilli pepper then topped with a little more yoghurt and biscuit crumb.
- Chocolate Mousse Gateaux – A rich chocolate mousse using 70% grade dark chocolate and Cornish whipping cream with flaked chocolate pieces set on a digestive, cocoa and butter mixed base. A honeycomb crumb could be added to the chocolate mix to give additional crunch.
- Red Berry Trifle – A British classic loved by using framboise liqueur macerated strawberries and raspberries, chopped fruit jelly topped with a fresh custard sauce and finished with lightly whipped Chantilly cream and coarsely crushed digestive heaped on top.
- No Bake Digestive Rocky Road – Simply add crushed digestives to melted 70% grade dark chocolate, dried fruit, mini marshmallows and chopped nuts of choice. Place in a suitable tray and shill in the fridge until set. When set cut into the desired shape and try not to eat too many in one go!
- Banoffee Cheesecake – In a tumbler glass use unsalted butter and crushed digestives to create a biscuit base. Top with a toffee swirl and mini fudge pieces before placing bananas on top followed by a dollop of whipped cream to create a sumptuous easy to make dessert.
- Country Range Digestives – 400g