Traditionally made from the milk of water buffalos, in recent years it has been more commonly made from cow’s milk.
This month sees the launch of Country Range Grated Mozzarella, which is produced in Wales using the traditional ‘pasta filata’ process (where the curds are spun, stretched or pulled which gives the finished cheese its characteristic fibrous structure and melting and stretching properties).
We’ve got 100% grated Mozzarella and also a 70% grated Mozzarella with 30% Cheddar, making it ideal for pizzas because it browns evenly – and equally brilliant in pasta dishes, paninis and a range of Mexican dishes, including nachos.
But don’t just save it for your pizzas! Why not try these clever serving suggestions too:
· For delicious lunchtime panini, try a filling of roast chicken breast and pesto topped with mozzarella for that perfect melt and stretch
· Top your favourite jacket potato with our tasty cheese
· Add some Mozzarella/Cheddar blend to your crusty bread mix before baking
· Top your favourite garlic bread with our tasty cheese
· Fill chicken breasts with garlic, sunblush tomatoes and Mozzarella for a simple but tasty main
- Grated Mozzarella (100%) 1kg
- Grated Mozzarella & Cheddar (70%/30%) 1kg