5050 g Country Range Plain Flour
150150 g Country Range Cooking and Baking Margarine
150150 g white vegetable fat
11 pinch pinch salt
33 tbs caster sugar
1 1 egg, beaten
11 tbsp cold water
800800 g Country Range Solid Pack Apple
22 tsp Country Range Ground Cinnamon
OptionalOptional egg wash
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 190°C/Gas Mark 5.
- 2Place the flour into a bowl. Cut the margarine and white vegetable fat into small pieces and rub into the flour so that it resembles breadcrumbs.
- 3Stir in the salt and the sugar.
- 4Add the beaten egg and sufficient water to bind the mixture together.
- 5Knead the pastry lightly on a floured work surface, divide into 2.
- 6Roll out one piece of dough and press into a greased tin (approximately 20cm x 30cm).
- 7Place the apples into the pastry case and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 8Roll out the remaining pastry to form a lid. Reroll any excess pastry and cut into shapes for decoration.
- 9Brush the pie with a little egg wash and sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- 10Bake for 30-35 minutes until the pastry is golden.
- 11Serve hot or cold with custard or ice cream.