Arancini Meatballs with Roasted Tomato Dip
Arancini MeatballsArancini Meatballs
200200 g cooked pudding rice
22 slices Country Range Medium Sliced White Bread
6060 ml milk
250250 g pork mince
250250 g beef mince
1 1 finely chopped onion
1/4 1/4 tsp Country Range Dried Thyme
1 1 egg
1/4 1/4 tsp Country Range Garlic Purée
4040 g finely grated parmesan
1 1 tbsp Country Range Olive-Pomace Oil
sea salt and cracked black pepper
bocconcini (mini mozzarella balls) or large mozzarella balls cut into pieces
Panne MixPanne Mix
Country Range Plain Flour, for dusting
22 extra eggs mixed with milk, lightly beaten
Country Range Panko Breadcrumbs
Country Range Vegetable Oil, for deep frying
Roasted Tomato SauceRoasted Tomato Sauce
1515 ml olive oil
1 1 red onion
4 4 plum vine tomatoes
1 1 red pepper
1 1 small bunch basil
2 2 cloves garlic
100100 g Country Range Tomato and Basil sauce
- 1Chop all the ingredients and roast until singed on the edges. Blitz and mix with 100g tomato and basil sauce. Add the chopped basil.
- 2Cook the pudding rice in plenty of boiling water until tender.
- 3Fry off the minced pork, minced beef, garlic and thyme in olive oil until golden and allow to cool.
- 4Soak the bread in the milk and then add to the rice, add the mince mix and mix together. The bread will mush and mix into the rice.
- 5Add the parmesan, egg and season.
- 6Split onto even sized balls and wrap each ball around the mini mozzarella until evenly covered.
- 7Panne and deep fry until golden (approximately 3 mins).
- 8Serve with roasted tomato sauce and salad.