Bacon and Mushroom Quiche
450450 g Country Range Multi Purpose Pastry Mix
100100 ml cold water
1515 ml Country Range Vegetable Oil
225225 g bacon
200200 g mushrooms, sliced
100100 g onion, peeled and thinly sliced
325325 g Country Range Grated Cheddar
850850 ml hot water
100100 g Country Range Milk Powder
4 4 eggs, beaten
1 1 tsp Country Range Mixed Herbs
1 1 tsp Country Range Black Pepper
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Place the pastry mix in a bowl fitted with whisk beaters and blend in the cold water on a slow speed until a soft dough is formed. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- 2Roll out and use to line a 35cm x 25cm x 2.5cm (14" x 10" x 1") tin. Use a fork on the base and bake blind for 10-14 minutes.
- 3Chop the bacon into small pieces and fry slowly with the onion and mushrooms until soft.
- 4Transfer to the flan case and sprinkle with 225g of the grated cheese.
- 5Whisk the milk powder with the hot water for about 1 minute or until smooth.
- 6Beat together the milk powder, eggs, mixed herbs and black pepper. Pour into the flan case and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- 7Bake for 15 minutes or until the filling has set.