- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Place the shortcrust pastry mix in a bowl fitted with whisk beaters and blend in the cold water on a slow speed until a soft dough is formed. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Roll out and use to line a 35cm x 25cm x 2.5cm (14" x 10" x 1") tin. Use a fork on the base and bake blind for 10-14 minutes.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces and fry slowly with the onion and mushrooms until soft.
- Transfer to the flan case and sprinkle with 225g of the grated cheese.
- Whisk the milk powder with the hot water for about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Beat together the milk powder, eggs, mixed herbs and black pepper. Pour into the flan case and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the filling has set.