Beetroot Tart with Goat’s Cheese and Rocket Salad
250250 g Country Range Sliced Beetroot
100100 g goat’s cheese
2 2 tbsp Country Range Red Wine Vinegar
2 2 tbsp redcurrant jelly
1 1 tsp icing sugar
1 1 tsp Demerara sugar
5050 g Country Range Puff Pastry, rolled and cut into two discs, approx 4cm diameter
good handful of watercress leaves and wild rocket
- 1Bake the pastry first by placing onto a non-stick flat tray with greaseproof paper on top and then another tray on top for weight. Bake at 200°C for 20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.
- 2For the filling, place the beetroot in a pan with the vinegar, sugars and redcurrant jelly and bring to the boil. Remove the beetroot and keep warm to one side.
- 3Reduce the remaining liquid to form a syrup (approx 5 minutes).
- 4Remove the pastry discs from the oven and place the beetroot slices slightly overlapping onto the baked pastry. Butter with the reduced beetroot syrup and place a piece of goat's cheese on top of the beetroot. Bake in a hot oven (200°C) until the cheese starts to melt.
- 5Place some watercress leaves and wild rocket into a bowl and coat with some of the beetroot syrup. Season and leave to one side.
- 6Remove the tart from the oven, add a twist of ground black pepper on top of the cheese and serve with the leaves on top.