Black Bean and Chorizo Soup
1 1 tbsp Country Range Extra Virgin Olive Oil
5050 g chorizo, finely diced
1 1 small red onion, finely diced
1 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely diced
2 2 tsp Country Range Garlic Powder
½ ½ tsp Country Range Cayenne Pepper
1 1 tsp Country Range Smoked Paprika
1 1 tsp Country Range Ground Cumin
1 1 sachet bouquet garni
400400 g tin black beans, drained and rinsed
1 1 lime (juice only)
500500 ml Country Range Vegetable Stock (hot)
salt and pepper to taste
flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped, to garnish
- 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the chorizo and sauté until crisp.
- 2Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- 3Add 3/4 of the red pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, cumin and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- 4Add the bouquet garni sachet, black beans, lime juice and stock and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5Season to taste. Serve in large bowls with the reserved red pepper and roughly chopped flat leaf parsley to garnish.