Bramley Apple, Cinnamon and Sultana Strudel with English Custard
3 3 sheets of filo pastry
250250 g Country Range Bramley Apple Filling
3030 g Country Range Sultanas
Good pinch of Country Range Ground Cinnamon
1/2 1/2 ltr milk
200200 g caster sugar
2 2 heaped tbsp Country Range Custard Powder
7575 g Country Range Salted Butter
- 1Mix the apples, sultanas and cinnamon in a bowl.
- 2Place the filo pastry onto a cool worktop and brush with melted butter then place another sheet on top.
- 3Place the apple mixture onto one side of the filo pastry and roll up into a roulade. Brush with melted butter and place into a hot oven (175°) for 40 minutes.
- 4Whilst baking, make the custard by dissolving a little milk with the custard powder and sugar. Warm the rest of the milk and pour onto the custard powder mix, stirring continuously until it thickens.
- 5Remove the strudel from the oven, slice into pieces, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with custard.