Chicken and Chorizo Empañadas
1 1 tbsp Country Range Olive Oil
25 25 g Country Range Sliced Green Jalapeño Peppers
5 5 g Country Range Chicken Bouillon
150 150 g Country Range Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheese
1 1 Country Range Puff Pastry Block
0.5 0.5 tsp Country Range Ground Cumin
0.25 0.25 tsp Country Range Chili Powder
200 200 ml water
4 4 Cloves garlic
150 150 g chorizo sausage, diced
2 2 Country Range Chicken Breast Fillets
1 1 Country Range Free Range Medium Egg, boiled
1 1 Country Range Free Range Medium Egg
25 25 ml milk
- 1Add the chicken breasts to an oiled baking tray and coat with fajita seasoning.
- 2Bake in a pre-heated oven (180°C) until cooked through.
- 3Leave to cool before shredding with a fork.
- 4Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the onion and jalapeño peppers.
- 5Fry until softened and add the garlic and chorizo.
- 6Add the cumin, chilli powder and season to taste.
- 7Create a stock out of the bouillon and water.
- 8Pour in the stock and cook down on a low heat until the liquid is absorbed.
- 9Remove from heat and fold in the shredded chicken, cheese and egg and allow to cool.
- 10Flour a work surface and roll out the puff pastry until it’s about 5mm thick.
- 11Cut rounds of approx. 4-5”.
- 12Take a spoon of the chicken mix and place in centre of each round leaving the edge clear.
- 13Egg was the edge of the dough.
- 14Fold the dough over to create a half moon shape.
- 15Press the edges together using the end of a fork to crimp the edges.
- 16Repeat until all the mix is used.
- 17Brush the top of each empañada with the egg wash.
- 18Bake in a pre-heated oven (180°C) for 15-20 minutes or deep fry for 6-8 minutes or until golden.