Chicken Tikka, Onion and Potato Pasty
2525 g Country Range Tikka Curry Paste
1010 g Country Range Fancy Peas, defrosted
2525 g Country Range Natural Yogurt
2525 g Country Range Creamery Butter Unsalted
100100 g Country Range Frozen Shortcrust Pastry Blocks
2 2 chicken thighs, skinless
½ ½ onion, diced
2525 g potato, diced into 1cm cubes
1 1 egg, beaten
- 1Dice the chicken into 2cm cubes and marinate in the yogurt and tikka paste for 2 hours.
- 2Gently fry the chicken in a pan with the butter for 8 minutes.
- 3Add the diced onion and potato to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes until the potatoes begin to soften.
- 4Take off the heat and cool the mix, add the peas and refrigerate.
- 5Roll out the pastry and cut 2 x 20cm circles.
- 6Egg wash the circles of pastry and place half of the mix in the middle.
- 7Fold over the pastry over the mix to form a crescent shaped pasty, crimp the edges and egg wash.
- 8Repeat with the remaining filling and pastry.
- 9Place onto a baking tray and bake in the oven at 180°C for 18-20 minutes.
- 10Allow to cool a little and serve with Country Range Mango Chutney and lime pickle.