Chocolate Coconut Brownies
100100 g Country Range Cocoa Powder
250250 g Country Range Butter
500500 g golden caster sugar
4 4 Country Range Free Range Medium Eggs, beaten
100100 g Country Range Self Raising Flour
100100 g Country Range Desiccated Coconut
icing sugar, to dust (optional)
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4. Line the base of a 21cm square tin with baking parchment.
- 2Put the cocoa powder, butter and sugar in a large saucepan and gently melt, stirring so the mixture doesn't catch.
- 3When the cocoa mixture is melted and combined, cool slightly, then stir in the eggs, little by little, followed by the flour and coconut.
- 4Tip into the tin and bake for 45 minutes in the middle of the oven. Check after 30 minutes and cover with another piece of baking parchment if the crust is browning too much.
- 5Cool in the tin, then carefully lift out and cut into squares.