Chocolate & Pistachio Brownies
350350 g plain chocolate (39% cocoa)
225225 g Country Range Butter
2 2 level tsp Country Range Instant Coffee Granules
2 2 tbsp hot water
3 3 large eggs
225225 g caster sugar
1 1 tsp vanilla extract
7575 g Country Range Self Raising Flour
175175 g Country Range Pistachio Nuts, chopped
225225 g plain chocolate chips
- 1Pre-heat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Grease and line a 12" x 9" tray bake tin.
- 2Break up the chocolate into pieces and melt slowly with the butter in a bowl set over a pan of hot water, stirring occasionally. Leave to one side to cool.
- 3Dissolve the coffee in the hot water.
- 4In another bowl, mix the coffee, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Gradually beat in the chocolate mixture. Fold in the flour, pistachios and chocolate chips then pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- 5Bake for about 45 minutes or until the brownies have a crusty top. Leave to cool and then cut into 24 squares. Delicious served warm with Country Range Dairy Vanilla Ice Cream.