Christmas Pudding Mousse
11 Christmas pudding
500500 g anglaise
99 g leaf gelatine
200200 g 53% chocolate
600600 g Country Range Whipping Cream
250250 g 38% milk chocolate
Replace the chocolate in the original recipe with milk chocolate to achieve the different mousse.
- 1Place Christmas pudding into the food blender and blitz to the desired consistency - it could be roughly puréed or fully puréed.
- 2Make a sauce anglaise.
- 3While sauce anglaise is hot, add the soaked and drained gelatine, make sure that this is fully incorporated before continuing.
- 4Use a whisk to slowly mix in the Christmas pudding.
- 5Pour the warm mixture on top of the chocolate, mix until fully mixed in. If all of the chocolate is not fully incorporated and the mix goes cold, gently reheat the mix but no warmer than 40°C.
- 6When the mix is cool, around 30°C gently fold in the 1/3 of the whipped cream.
- 7When fully mixed, add the 2nd third of cream, carefully gently folding into the mixture.
- 8Lastly, add the remaining third of cream very carefully.
- 9Spoon or pipe the mix into desired moulds, place in fridge or freezer until set.