Cod and Chorizo Fishcakes with Spicy Mayo
300300 g Country Range Mashed Potato
6060 g Country Range Peas
5050 g Country Range Plain Flour
2525 ml Country Range Lemon Juice
1010 g fresh dill, chopped
2 2 spring onions, sliced
3 3 Country Range Frozen Cod Fillets (110g size)
1/4 1/4 tsp Country Range Whole Coriander, crushed
5050 g chorizo, chopped and sliced
1/2 1/2 tsp Country Range Garlic Purée
salt and pepper, to taste
For the spicy mayo:For the spicy mayo:
5050 g Country Range Real Mayonnaise
2525 g Country Range Piri Piri Sauce
55 ml Country Range Lemon Juice
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Place cod fillets on a greased baking tray, and season with salt and pepper. Give it a splash of water and cover with parchment.
- 2Bake for 8-12 minutes until cooked. Once cool, flake and put to one side.
- 3Prepare the mash potato pellets as per instructions.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed potato, flaked cod, peas, garlic, chorizo, sliced spring onion, chopped dill, crushed coriander seeds and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Split the mix into 6 even balls and flatten to form a burger shape.
- 6Dust in the flour and fridge for 1 hour.
- 7Shallow fry in a frying pan with some pomace oil and turn after 1 minute then place the fish cakes on a greased baking tray and bake for 6 minutes until golden.
- 8Serve with salad and a dollop of spicy mayo.