Curried Sweet Potato Soup
3 3 medium sized sweet potatoes
4 4 tbsp olive oil
1 1 onion, finely chopped
2 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
1 1 tbsp Country Range Garam Masala
1 1 tsp salt
1 1 tsp Country Range Mild Curry Powder
55 cups Country Range Chicken or Vegetable stock
1 1 cup Country Range Coconut Milk
1/2 1/2 cup water
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Peel and slice the sweet potatoes, place on a baking tray and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season and bake for 1 hour or until tender then remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- 2Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and celery and fry for 5 minutes. Add garlic and fry for a further 30 seconds.
- 3Add the garam masala and curry powder, fry for 30 seconds then remove from heat.
- 4Add the sweet potatoes to the saucepan. Stir well to coat in spices. Add stock and bring to the boil, then turn the heat down, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 5Blend in a food processor until smooth and creamy. Pour back into saucepan, gently heat then add coconut milk and water and stir well.
- 6Simmer for 5 minutes, top with croutons then serve.