Dark Chocolate and Cinnamon Fondant
For the fondant mix
250250 g Country Range 70% Dark Chocolate Drops
5050 g Country Range Plain Flour
1515 g Country Range Ground Cinnamon
5 5 Country Range Free Range Medium Egg yolks
5 5 Country Range Free Range Medium Eggs
125125 g sugar
250250 g butter
For the ice cream
250250 g Country Range Free Range Medium Egg yolk
600600 ml milk
600600 ml double cream
125125 g sugar
4 4 vanilla pods split in half
For the orange sauce
5050 g sugar
For the garnish
4 4 chocolate straws
- 1 For the fondant mix. Melt the butter and chocolate together until completely combined. Whisk the sugar with the eggs and yolks then stir into the chocolate mixture. Fold in the cinnamon and flour slowly to prevent lumps from forming. Pour the mixture into greased mini pudding moulds and refrigerate.
- 2 For the ice cream. To make the ice cream, place the milk and cream into a pan. Halve the vanilla pods lengthways and add to the pan. Bring to the boil. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until light and fluffy. Pour a third of the cream mixture into the egg, whisking constantly. Then whisk in the remaining two thirds. Add this mix back to the pan and stir over a low heat until it thickens. Cool over iced water then churn in an ice cream maker until soft, smooth and ready to serve. Ensure you do not over churn! Place into a freezer proof container and freeze.
- 3 For the orange sauce. Zest two of the oranges and juice all four. Add the juice and zest into a saucepan with 50g sugar and cook until a syrup is formed (about 15 minutes).
- 4 Cook. Cook the puddings for eight minutes and serve straight away, do not overcook as the centre should be soft.
- 5 Serve. Make a swipe on the plate with the orange sauce, tip out the fondant into the centre of the plate, serve with a scoop of ice cream and decorate with a chocolate straw.