Feta and Caramelised Red Onion Quiche
340340 g Country Range plain flour
150 150 g Country Range butter (Room temp)
66 tbsp Water
1 1 block feta cheese
4 4 red onions
5 5 tbsp Country Range balsamic vinegar
2 2 tbsp demerara sugar
A pinch Country Range salt and pepper
33 egg yolks
100100 ml milk
200200 ml double cream
- 1Put the flour and butter into a food processor and blitz till looks like breadcrumbs then add the water 1 tbsp at a time till it all combines into your pastry.
- 2Roll this out and line a loose bottomed quiche tin (Approx 23cm). Trim the edges. Bake blind with grease proof paper and baking beans inside at 200c for 15 minutes then 15 minutes without the paper and beans. Fill any cracks with the left over pastry.
- 3Mix the eggs, milk, cream and salt and pepper together in bowl and set aside. Slice the red onions and place in a pan and sweat down, then add the sugar and balsamic vinegar and leave on low heat until bubbling and caramelised.
- 4Fill the pastry case with the onions then crumble the feta over the top. Lastly pour in the egg mixture.
- 5Place into the oven for 25 – 30 minutes till set and golden brown on top. Enjoy with salad, coleslaw and buttered new potatoes.