11 kg mixed fish, approx. 50g pieces (sea bass, plaice, cod, sole, haddock, salmon, tuna)
6 6 cherry tomatoes
½½ ltr fish stock
½½ ltr shellfish stock
¼¼ ltr Country Range White Cooking Wine
2 2 tsp Country Range Garlic Purée
6 6 fresh basil leaves
2 2 tbsp Country Range Chopped Tomatoes
½ ½ lemon
4 4 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
½ ½ leek, peeled and finely sliced
½ ½ fennel bulb, finely chopped
2 2 Country Range Star Anise
good splash of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 5.
- 2Place a splash of oil into a hot medium-sized saucepan. Fry the fennel, carrot and leek for 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
- 3Add the chopped tomatoes and white wine. Heat, then reduce by half. Add the stock, bring to the boil and reduce by half; this intensifies the flavour.
- 4Simmer for 15 minutes then add the garlic purée and star anise.
- 5Simmer for a further 10 minutes, remove from the heat and blend until smooth. Leave to one side.
- 6Place the fish onto a lightly greased tray, season and bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and squeeze lemon juice over the fish.
- 7Place the fish sauce into a bowl with the fish on top. Rip the pieces of basil and decorate with halved tomatoes.
- 8Serve garnished with croutons topped with saffron garlic mayonnaise.