Formans Banana Bread
500 500 g ripe bananas
500 500 g dark brown sugar
500 500 g Country Range Self Raising Flour
200 200 g Country Range Unsalted Butter
5 5 Country Range Free Range Medium Eggs
30 30 ml Country Range Pure Honey
15 15 g demerara Sugar
- 1Pre-heat oven to 140°C.
- 2Mix the banana and sugar together in a mixer, add the eggs and mix well together for about 5 minutes.
- 3Gently melt the butter in a pan and add to the mix whilst still mixing, then add the sifted flour.
- 4Pour mixture into greased cake tin.
- 5Place in oven and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- 6Test to see if the cake is cooked by stabbing with a cocktail stick, if the stick comes out clean, the cake is cooked.
- 7If mixture is still wet bake for a further 5-10 minutes.
- 8Allow to rest, brush with the honey and sprinkle with the demerara sugar and place back in oven for 4-5 minutes.
- 9Serve warm with Country Range Mascarpone and Country Range Honey.