Fruity Christmas Cake
225225 g Country Range Self Raising Flour
1 1 tsp Country Range Ground Mixed Spice
1 1 tsp Country Range Baking Powder
225225 g Country Range Cooking & Baking
225225 g dark soft brown muscovado sugar
5 5 eggs, size 3
450450 g Country Range Dried Mixed Fruit
225225 g Country Range Glacé Cherries, chopped
115115 g Country Range Ground Almonds
11 tbsp Country Range Fine Cut Orange Marmalade
2 2 tbsp dark rum
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2. Line a 9" square tin with greaseproof paper.
- 2Sift the flour, spice and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the margarine, sugar and eggs. Whisk thoroughly (with an electric whisk) until the mixture is smooth.
- 3Stir in the fruit with the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- 4Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake on the lowest shelf of the oven for 2-3 hours or until golden, firm to touch and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 5Leave to cool in the tin. Turn the cake out, wrap in greaseproof paper and store in an airtight tin.
- 6Cover the cake using 1 x 250g pack of brandy marzipan and 2 x 250g packs of ready to roll icing.