Gooey Chocolate Brownies
200200 g nice dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
125125 g Country Range Unsalted Butter
250250 g light brown sugar
2 2 large eggs
125125 g Country Range Plain Flour
2 2 tbsp Country Range Cocoa Powder
For the butterscotch sauce:For the butterscotch sauce:
5050 g Country Range Unsalted Butter
100100 g muscavado sugar
200200 g golden syrup
200200 ml double cream
1 1 lime, juice only
- 1Line a 20cm square tin with greaseproof paper and butter the paper. Melt half the chocolate and allow it to cool a little.
- 2Beat the butter with the sugar til fluffy then beat in the eggs slowly. Add the flour and cocoa powder then the cooled melted chocolate.
- 3Finally, stir in the remaining broken chocolate pieces and put into the greased tin.
- 4Bake in the oven at 180°C or Gas Mark 4 for up to an hour or until firm to the touch. Once baked, leave in the tin until slightly cool then carefully cut into pieces and lift out.
- 5For the butterscotch sauce, melt all the ingredients, apart from the double cream, int a pan and heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- 6Add the double cream and continue to warm slightly. Remove from the heat and save til needed.
- 7To serve, place a piece of brownie on a plate and dust with icing sugar (you could add a dollop of creme fraiche and raspberries) and smother with butterscotch sauce.