Honey Roasted Duck Salad
2 x 2002 x 200 g duck breasts
1 1 tbsp Country Range Clear Honey
2525 g Country Range Chick Peas
2 2 tbsp Country Range Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1 tbsp Country Range White Wine Vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
pinch of icing sugar
good handful of mixed seasonal leaves
Country Range Sultanas
- 1Season the duck breast with salt and pepper and seal golden brown in a hot pan. Once sealed, place in a hot oven (200°C) for 15 minutes.
- 2Add a splash of oil to a pan and add the chick peas. Cook until golden brown, for 5-6 minutes, like croutons. Drain, dust with icing sugar and leave to one side.
- 3Place half the honey, vinegar and oil into a bowl and mix to form a dressing. Season to taste.
- 4Place the remaining honey over the duck breast whilst cooking and baste.
- 5Remove the duck breast from the oven and allow to rest. Place some leaves into a bowl with the chick peas and dress with the dressing.
- 6Place the leaves and chick peas on a plate, cut the duck in half, season and place on top. Sprinkle on the sultanas, spoon a little of the dressing around and serve.