Honey Roasted Mixed Nuts
11 lb assorted Country Range nuts – cashews, hazelnuts, walnuts
1/3 1/3 cup Country Range Clear Honey
2 2 tbsp Country Range Butter
2 2 tsp salt, divided use
1 1 Country Range Vanilla Pod
1/4 1/4 tsp Country Range Ground Cinnamon
1/4 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with Country Range Tin Foil and spraying the foil with a non-stick cooking spray. Pre-heat the oven to 160°C/325°F.
- 2Place the butter, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and 1 tsp salt in a large pan and warm gently until the butter is melted (about 45 seconds), stirring halfway through. Once melted, stir until the liquid is smooth.
- 3Add the mixed nuts to the honey mixture and stir until they're coated. Pour the peanuts out onto the prepared baking sheet and spread them into an even layer.
- 4Bake the nuts for a total of 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to prevent burning. The nuts at the edges will brown faster so it's important to stir regularly to get an even roasting.
- 5Once the mixed nuts are golden brown, remove them from the oven and stir again to distribute the honey on the baking sheet. After a minute or two, sprinkle the granulated sugar and remaining 1 tsp salt on top and stir again to give them a bit of texture. As they cool at room temperature, stir occasionally to break up any big clumps.
- 6Once the mixed nuts have cooled completely, place them in an airtight container or plastic bag and store at room temperature.