Jerk Chicken with Rice and Peas
For the Jerk chicken:For the Jerk chicken:
2 2 tbsp Country Range Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
44 tbsp oil
8 8 skin-on chicken thighs
For the rice and peas:For the rice and peas:
2 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
11 tbsp oil
200200 g Country Range Easy Cook Basmati Rice
400400 g Country Range Red Kidney Beans, drained
400400 g Country Range Coconut Milk
400400 ml hot chicken stock
1 1 tsp Country Range Ground Allspice
1 1 scotch bonnet chilli
fresh wedges of lime
- 1Mix the Jamaican Jerk Seasoning and oil together to make a marinade.
- 2Coat the chicken thighs with the marinade. Cover and leave to stand for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- 3Place chicken thighs in a roasting tin and cook for 30-40 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 190°C/ 375°F/Gas Mark 5 until cooked through.
- 4To prepare the rice, heat the oil, fry the garlic taking care not to burn, stir in the rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- 5Add the remaining ingredients, cover and cook over a low heat for 15-20 minutes until the rice is cooked (add more liquid during cooking if required) and liquid has been absorbed. Remove the chilli.
- 6Serve garnished with coriander and a wedge of lime.