Lamb Shank with Mash and Vegetables in a Red Wine Sauce
500 500 ml Country Range Red Cooking Wine
1 1 tbsp Country Range Dried Rosemary
25 25 g Country Range Vegetable Bouillon Mix
3 3 tbsp Country Range Gravy Granules
2 2 tbsp Country Range Tomato Paste
1 1 tbsp Country Range Tomato Paste
4 4 lamb shanks
2 2 carrots
2 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1Place the lamb shanks into a roasting tray and add a little water.
- 2Season with salt and pepper and a good sprinkling of rosemary before covering with tin foil and baking at 180°C for 3 hours.
- 3Remove the lamb from the oven and pour off the remaining liquid (keeping it for later).
- 4Return the lamb to the oven for a further 30 minutes.
- 5Wash, peel and dice the vegetables and add to a pan with the garlic and red cooking wine and bring to a boil.
- 6Make 1 litre of stock with the vegetable bouillon and add to the vegetables.
- 7Bring back to the boil before reducing the heat and simmering until the vegetables are cooked.
- 8Add 2 tbsp of tomato paste and the lamb juices, thickening with the gravy granules if necessary.
- 9Serve on a bed of creamed potatoes.