Lentil and Chickpea Curry
- 1Cover the chickpeas in water and leave to soak overnight for 8-12 hours.
- 2Boil the chickpeas in a litre of water for 10 minutes then leave to simmer for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- 3Roughly chop the onion at gently fry in the oil with the crushed garlic clove. When the garlic and onion have softened add the cumin seeds, garam masala, fennel seeds, ground coriander, cinnamon stick, salt and the chillis (use only one chilli if you do not want too much heat).
- 4Next add the can of chopped tomatoes, rinsed red lentils, vegetable stock and simmer for 15 minutes. Then add the cauliflower and leave to simmer for about 30 minutes until the cauliflower is cooked and the lentils are tender (most of the liquid should have been absorbed).
- 5Finally add the cooked chickpeas and spinach and cook for another 5 minutes. To serve remove the cinnamon stick and garnish with natural yoghurt and fresh coriander.
- 6To Serve: Natural Yoghurt and Fresh coriander (chopped)