Meatballs with Tomato & Basil Sauce
700700 g best minced beef
1 1 shallot, finely chopped
11 splash olive oil
200200 g Country Range Chopped Tomatoes
125125 ml Country Range Tomato & Basil RTU Sauce
1 1 dsp fresh thyme and parsley
11 pinch sugar
salt and pepper to taste
Country Range Spaghetti, cooked to your liking in boiling, salted water
- 1Place the oil into a hot pan and sauté the shallots until golden brown. Add the tomatoes and garlic and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2Add 100ml of the Tomato & Basil sauce and simmer for a further 10 minutes. Add the sugar and season.
- 3To make the meatballs, place the mince into a bowl and season. Add the remainder of the Tomato & Basil sauce. Add the fresh herbs and mix well.
- 4Shape into small balls using the palm of your hand. Place a frying pan onto the heat with a splash of olive oil and fry the meatballs until golden brown, turning for equal colouring.
- 5Put the meatballs into an ovenproof dish and cover with the sauce. Bake in a hot oven (175°C/Gas Mark 5) for 30-40 minutes.
- 6Once cooked, remove from the oven and serve with pasta and garlic bread.