Nasi Goreng (Indonesian Fried Rice)
2 2 eggs, beaten
2 2 tbsp Country Range Vegetable Oil
1 1 onion, finely chopped
1 1 leek, chopped
1 1 fresh green chilli, finely chopped
1 1 tsp Country Range Minced Garlic
2 2 tsp Indonesian spice blend
250250 g chicken breast, sliced
200200 g raw king prawns
3 3 tbsp ketjap manis or soy sauce
250250 g Country Range Long Grain Rice, cooked
1 1 spring onion, chopped (for garnish)
1 1 small fresh red chilli, finely chopped
Indonesian spice blend
1 1 tbsp Country Range Ground Coriander
1 1 tbsp Country Range Whole Cumin
1 1 tsp Country Range Ground Cinnamon
¼ ¼ tsp Country Range Ground Cloves
½ ½ tsp Country Range Crushed Chillies
1 1 tsp Country Range Ground Cardamom
- 1For the Indonesian spice blend, grind all the spices together using a pestle and mortar and set aside.
- 2Using the eggs, make an omelette. Allow to cool then cut into thin strips and set aside.
- 3Heat the oil in a wok and add the onion, leek, fresh green chilli and garlic. Cook until the onion is soft then add 2 tsp Indonesian spice blend and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- 4Add the chicken to the onion mixture and cook thoroughly.
- 5Once the chicken is cooked, add the prawns and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- 6Add the cooked rice, the ketjap manis or soy sauce and half of the omelette strips and stir well.
- 7Cook for a further 5 minutes or until the rice is thoroughly heated through.
- 8Place on a large plate and serve garnished with the remaining omelette strips, spring onion and finely chopped red chilli.