Neapolitan Carbonara Pizza
4 4 Country Range large egg yolks, beaten
12 12 whole basil leaves
360360 g low moisture Mozzarella cut into 10mm cubes
100100 g Scamorza cheese grated
6 6 slices of smoked pancetta cut in half (making 12 halves)
4 4 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
Country Range Black pepper
A few extra basil leaves for decoration
- 1Use the doughballs to make 4 x 10 inch pizza bases.
- 2Whilst you are doing that, preheat your grill on high and heat up over the highest possible heat until it is extremely hot.
- 3When the dough bases are ready put 1 into the frying pan, still on the heat, and then, avoiding the crust, drizzle approximately ¼ of the yolk in a spiral around the middle of the pizza base, then add 3 basil leaves, 90g of mozzarella, 25g of the scamorza and 3 of the half slices of pancetta. Then place a nice swirl of olive oil on top. You don’t want to hang around when doing this.
- 4Once the base has browned in approx 1-2 minutes (you will need to lift the side of the pizza up to see underneath with a spatula) take the frying pan off the heat and put it on the highest shelf under the grill.
- 5Once the crust is browned a little (approx 1-2 minutes again) take it out and put it straight on a plate or a board, then sprinkle 1 tbsp parmesan, a good grind of black pepper and a few of the other basil leaves.
- 6You can then start on the next but we recommend that you start eating straight away.
- 7Pull out:
To make this recipe even easier we’ve replaced home-made dough with our frozen doughballs. For Alvaro’s full recipe visit the Country Range website.