Old English Elderflower & Lemon Drizzle Cakes
8 8 oz icing sugar
8 8 oz Country Range soft spread
8 8 oz Country Range self-raising flour
4 4 eggs
0.5 0.5 juice and rind of lemon
4 4 fl oz British elderflower cordial
2 2 tbsp sugar
1 1 tub Country Range cooking and baking spread
1 1 bag icing sugar
2 2 capfuls vanilla essence
- 1Pre-heat oven to 160°C.
- 2Place the margarine, sugar and lemon rind in a mixing bowl and beat till light and fluffy.
- 3Gradually add the eggs, whisking well. Add 2 tbsp of flour with the last egg to prevent curdling.
- 4Add the rest of the flour, whisking on a slow speed. Add 2 tbsp of hot water.
- 5Spoon into bun cases so that each is half full.
- 6Level and bake for 20 minutes.
- 7Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- 8Combine the elderflower and lemon juice and pour over the cupcakes, then sprinkle with the remaining 2 tbsp of sugar to farm a crunch top.
- 9To decorate, make a butter icing mix by creaming the margarine and icing sugar until light and fluffy, then add the vanilla essence and mix for another few minutes.
- 10Smooth the butter icing over the top of the cupcakes then take some mini marshmallows and cut them diagonally to form 'flower petals'. Arrange them around the cake and finish with a sprinkle of silver crispies in the centre.