Peri Peri Prawn & Chorizo Gumbo
1 1 tbsp Country Range Olive-Pomace Oil
200 200 g Country Range Basmati Rice
2 2 onions, chopped
1 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
celery sticks, chopped
33 garlic cloves, minced
7575 g chorizo, cubed
1 1 tbsp Country Range Paprika
1 1 litre Country Range Vegetable Bouillon stock
1 1 tsp Country Range Dried Thyme
2 2 tbsp Country Range Freeze Dried Parsley
4 4 tbsp Country Range Peri Peri Sauce
100 100 g Country Range Frozen Sweetcorn
340 340 g peeled raw prawns
55 55 g Country Range Frozen Fancy Peas
salt and pepper
3 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onions, pepper and celery.
- 2Fry for 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3Stir in the garlic and chorizo and cook for a further 3–4 minutes.
- 4Add the rice and paprika and gently fry for 1-2 minutes.
- 5Add the stock, thyme, tomatoes (with their juice), parsley and the Peri Peri sauce.
- 6Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the rice is nearly cooked through.
- 7Add the prawns and frozen peas and sweetcorn.
- 8Cook for 3 minutes or until the prawns turn pink and the peas are tender.
- 9Season the gumbo with salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Serve in bowls, sprinkled with spring onions.