Pork Steak with Apples, Dates and Blue Cheese
4 4 pork steak
10 10 oz Country Range Solid Pack Apples
5 5 oz Country Range Chopped Dates
2 2 oz demerara Sugar
1 1 bottle Sam's cider
1 1 Country Range Cinnamon Stick
5 5 oz Devon Blue cheese
2 2 tbsp cooking brandy
5 5 tbsp double cream
.5 .5 tsp Country Range Vegetable Stock Paste
- 1Soak dates in a quarter of a bottle of cider.
- 2Poor rest of cider in to saucepan, add demerara sugar and add half a cinnamon stick.
- 3Bring pan to the boil and the let simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4Add chopped apples to pan and simmer until dates and apples are soft and mixture thickens.
- 5Pan fry the pork steaks in a hot pan (fat side down) until golden brown and then seal the sides of the steak.
- 6Place steaks on a baking tray and put in a pre-heated oven (180 °C) for 15-20 minutes.
- 7Add brandy, stock paste and double cream to frying pan and simmer until thickened.
- 8Remove steaks and rest for 5 minutes.
- 9Crumble blue cheese on top of steaks and melt under grill.
- 10Spoon the apple compote on to a plate, place the steak on top and add the brandy sauce around steak.