Pulled BBQ Pork, Apple & Cinnamon Salad
For the pork: For the pork:
1 1 belly pork
1 1 tbsp Country Range Fennel Seeds
1 1 tbsp caraway seeds
1 1 tsp Country Range Crushed Chillies
1 ½ 1 ½ pints Country Range Chicken Stock
1 1 onion, cut into quarters
3 3 carrots, roughly chopped
3 3 sticks celery, roughly chopped
1 1 bulb garlic
For the BBQ rub: For the BBQ rub:
3 3 tsp Country Range Smoked Paprika
2 2 tsp mustard powder
1 1 tsp Country Range Ground White Pepper
1 1 tsp Country Range Onion Salt
1 1 tsp Country Range Garlic Salt
1 1 tsp Demerara sugar
1 1 tsp Country Range Cumin Powder (optional)
4 4 sachet Country Range Tomato Ketchup
11 splash Worcestershire sauce
For the salad (1 portion): For the salad (1 portion):
½ ½ baby gem shredded
1 1 leaf from oak leaf lettuce ripped
¼ ¼ apple, deseeded and cut into small chunks
11 small handful Country Range Sultanas
- 1Place all of the rough cut veg into a deep sided tin.
- 2Place belly pork on top of vegetables.
- 3Season the meat with the spices and rub.
- 4Add all the stock until meat is fully submerged.
- 5Cover with baking parchment and a tight fitting lid/tin foil. Place in pre-heated oven 180°C for 7-8 hours until meat is tender.
- 6Once the meat is tender remove from stock and pick/pull the meat ensuring all bones and sinew are removed.
- 7Add BBQ rub to meat making sure it is evenly coated.
- 8Pass the stock through fine strainer and add half to the meat.
- 9Place back in the oven for 20 minutes giving enough time for the meat to soak up flavours.
- 10More stock may need to be added depending on consistency.
- 11Combine salad in a bowl.
- 12Place all into bowl with 3oz pork and gently toss together.
- 13Plate up and gently dust with Country Range Cinnamon Powder.