Raspberry Treacle Tart
350 350 g Country Range Frozen Raspberries
100 100 g caster sugar
250 250 g Country Range Shortcrust pastry
175 175 g Country Range Panko Breadcrumbs
225 225 g Country Range Salted Butter
600 600 g golden syrup
75 75 ml Country Range Whipping cream
3 3 Country Range Free Range Eggs
- 1Bring the raspberries and sugar to a boil, turn down the heat and reduce by 2/3’s. Cool down and store in an air tight jar.
- 2When the pastry is defrosted, lightly dust a work surface with flour and roll out the pastry to the thickness of a pound coin. Line a 20cm loose-bottomed tart case, gently pushing it into the edges and leaving any excess overhanging the sides.
- 3Line the pastry with cling film and bake blind with rice for 25 minutes. Remove the rice and cling film, return it to the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes to ensure the pastry is cooked through and dried out. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- 4Turn the oven temperature down to 160°C.
- 5Line the tart case with a layer of fresh raspberry jam.
- 6To make the filling, melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat until it foams and turns nut brown. Add the syrup, take the pan off the heat and whisk to combine. Put the bread crumbs in a medium bowl and add the butter and syrup mixture.
- 7Whisk in the cream, 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk and leave to cool for 10-15 minutes. Once cooled, pour the filling into the cooled tart case and bake for 20 minutes until the tart is just set – it should still have a wobble in the center. Remove the tart from the oven and leave to cool and set for 30 minutes.