Roast Loin of Lamb with a Barley and Pot Roasted Vegetable Broth
4 x 2504 x 250 g loins of lamb
1 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
100100 g carrots, peeled and diced
100100 g leeks, peeled and diced
100100 g celery, diced
22 ltrs lamb stock
7575 g Country Range Salted Butter
5050 g shallots, peeled and diced
splash of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
- 2Place a splash of olive oil into a hot pan and seal the lamb until golden brown, Place into the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- 3Add another splash of oil to a hot pan and sauté the shallots with the garlic. Add the barley and stock. Cook for 10 minute and then add the diced vegetables. Season and add the remaining butter to enrich. Leave to one side.
- 4Remove the lamb from the oven and allow to rest before carving.
- 5Pour the broth into bowls and top with slices of lamb.