44 ea salmon portions
11 ltr water
6060 g light brown sugar
3030 g maldon sea salt
11 tsp Country Range Whole Black Peppercorns
11 tsp Country Range Cracked Black Pepper
11 tsp Country Range Whole fennel
88 ea Country Range Whole Cloves
2e2e ea Country Range Dried Bay Leaves
4 4 garlic cloves
1 1 lemon juice and zest
11 tsp Country Range Horseradish Sauce e dip
11 tsp Country Range Dijon Mustard
5050 g Country Range Pickled Sliced Beetroot
5050 g Country Range Sour Cream
11 tbsp dill, chopped
- 1Warm the water and add the salt, sugar, cloves, sliced garlic, black peppercorns, fennel seeds and lemon juice.
- 2Add the 4 salmon pieces and refrigerate for 24 hours
- 3Remove the salmon from the brine and pat dry
- 4Heat the oven to 120oC
- 5Sprinkle the salmon with cracked pepper and lemon zest. place them on a small wire rack that will fit in a deep gastro tray.
- 6In the bottom of the gastro tray place some smoking wood chips and light with a burner. Place the rack of salmon on top and cover with the lid.
- 7Cook in the oven for 12 mins or until the salmon reaches 70oC.
- 8Keep the salmon warm.
- 9In a food processor add the beetroot, sour cream, chopped dill, mustard and horseradish. Puree to a smooth dip.
- 10Serve the salmon with boiled jersey royals and a dollop of beetroot dip.