Salt Baked Beetroot with Tabouleh and Yellow Pepper Sauce
Salt Bake Salt Bake
300300 g Country Range plain flour
250250 g Country Range salt
300300 ml Cold water
1 1 Beetroot
22 Strips Filo pastry
Bulgar wheatBulgar wheat
1/2 1/2 cucumber
2 2 large tomatoes
1/4 1/4 onion
A bunch of mint and parsley
Splash of Country Range olive oil
Yellow Pepper SauceYellow Pepper Sauce
2 2 yellow peppers
2 2 tbsp Country Range turmeric
1 1 glass white wine
1 1 tbsp minced garlic
Cracked Country Range black pepper
Country Range olive oil for cooking
- 1 Salt Bake
- 2Mix the flour, salt and water together to make a thick paste and wrap around a peeled beetroot and bake at 200c for 1 hour.
- 3Once cooked, crack open the hard salt crust and remove the beetroot
- 4Wrap in the filo pastry and put back in the oven for 10 mins
- 6Cover the Bulgar wheat with boiling water (just over the top) and leave until the water has absorbed.
- 7Finely slice the tomatoes and cucumbers before adding them to a sieve with some salt on top to draw the water out.
- 8Blend the mint, parsley and onion with olive oil until smooth.
- 9Mix the Bulgar wheat, tomatoes, cucumber and herb paste together.
- 10Yellow Pepper Sauce
- 11Chop the yellow peppers into small cubes and cook on high with a little bit of olive oil.
- 12Once browned add the garlic, pepper and turmeric for 1 minute.
- 13Then add the white wine. Once the wine has reduced by two thirds, blend until smooth.
- 14Serve the dish with a small salad of fresh leaves and a beef tomato.