1 1 whole beef brisket
10 10 ltrs water
50 50 g salt beef cure "Weschenfelder"
100 100 g Country Range Cracked Black Pepper
50 50 g Country Range Ground Cumin
25 25 g Country Range Juniper Berries
25 25 g Country Range Ground Ginger
25 25 g Country Range Ground Mace
15 15 Country Range Bay Leaves
200 200 g brown sugar
- 1Make a brine with the water, cure, sugar and spices. Bring to the boil for 15 minutes and let cool down completely.
- 2Transfer to a container and submerge the brisket in the brine. Cure for 7 to 10 days in the fridge, turning the brisket daily.
- 3Remove the brisket and discard the brine. Cook the brisket in boiling water for 4 to 5 hours until soft. No need for extra seasoning. Let the brisket cool down in the water overnight.
- 4Remove the brisket, cut into portions and wrap in cling film.
- 5Heat through thoroughly in the microwave and serve on a bagel with Country Range Mustard and Country Range Cocktail Gherkins on the side.