10-12 10-12 Country Range Butchers Style Cumberland Sausages
1 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
1 1 shallot, finely chopped
splash olive oil
3 3 tbsp Country Range Tomato Purée
1 1 pint Country Range Chicken Bouillon (stock made up)
125125 g button mushrooms
1 1 dsp fresh tarragon
knob Country Range Butter
salt and pepper to taste
- 1Fry the sausages evenly to get some colour onto them. Drain any excess oil from the pan. Remove the sausages and leave to one side.
- 2Sauté the mushrooms in a splash of olive oil and some butter. Remove from the pan and leave to one side with the sausages.
- 3In the same pan, gently fry the shallots and garlic in a splash of olive oil. When the shallots begin to colour, add the tomato purée and mix well. Cook this out for a few minutes. This is important as it helps to thicken the casserole.
- 4Add the chicken stock, sugar and seasoning to the sauce.
- 5Place the sausages, mushrooms and fresh tarragon into an earthenware dish and pour over the sauce. Cook for 1 - 1.5 hours at 150°C (fan)/Gas Mark 5 - the slower the better!
- 6Serve with baked potato and buttered corn.