S’mores Brownie Pie
For the pastry:For the pastry:
115115 g Country Range Plain Flour
5555 g Country Range Unsalted Butter, cooled and sliced
2525 g icing sugar, sifted
1 1 Country Range Free Range Medium Egg yolk
For the filling and topping:For the filling and topping:
7575 g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
3030 g Country Range Unsalted Butter
115115 g light brown sugar
1/4 1/4 tsp salt
22 Country Range Free Range Medium Eggs
4040 g Country Range Plain Flour
pink and white marshmallows
- 1Sift the flour into the mixing bowl. Add the butter and rub in until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar.
- 2Lightly beat the egg yolk with 1 tbsp cold water. Add the flour mixture and mix in with a round-bladed knife. Gather together to make a soft dough.
- 3Wrap in cling film and chill for at least 30 minutes before rolling out.
- 4Roll out and line with 12 individual tartlet cases and blind bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- 5Next, prepare the filling. Melt the chocolate and butter together, either over a pan of simmering water or in the microwave on medium power. Allow to cool slightly.
- 6Beat the eggs and add in the sugar a little at a time, then add the chocolate mixture and mix until everything is well combined. Sift in the flour and stir well.
- 7Tap the tin to get rid of any excess air. Sift in the flour and stir well. Spoon into pastry cases and bake for around 20 minutes, until the brownies are cooked but not firm.
- 8Cover with marshmallows and brown with either a blow torch or under a grill.