Spiced Long Grain Rice with Harissa Spiced Lamb Rump
For the spiced rice:For the spiced rice:
250250 g Country Range Long Grain Rice
400400 ml boiling water
1 1 tbsp Country Range Vegetable Oil
1″ 1″ Country Range Cinnamon Stick
1 1 Country Range Bay Leaf
1 1 tsp Country Range Cumin Seeds
1 1 tsp Country Range Whole Fennel
4 4 Country Range Cloves
4 4 Country Range Whole Cardamom
½ ½ tsp Country Range Turmeric
pinch of salt
4 4 sprigs fresh coriander leaf, chopped
For the harissa spiced marinade:For the harissa spiced marinade:
250250 g long red chillies
3 3 tbsp Country Range Whole Caraway Seeds, ground
3 3 tbsp Country Range Cumin Seeds, ground
4 4 cloves garlic
100100 g roasted bell peppers
2 2 tbsp Country Range Red Wine Vinegar
4 4 tbsp Country Range Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 2 tsp Country Range Tomato Purée
2 2 tsp Country Range Paprika
2 2 tsp sea salt
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- 2For the spiced rice, place all the ingredients, except for the coriander, in a suitable pan. Cover with a lid and bring to the boil. Leave to simmer until the water has evaporated (roughly 15 minutes).
- 3Check the rice is cooked, adding more water to the pan if not. Finish with the chopped coriander.
- 4For the marinade, remove the chilli seeds then place the chillies in a food processor with the sea salt and blitz. Add the spices and garlic and blitz further until smooth.
- 5Add the peppers and red wine vinegar, blitz until smooth then add the olive oil, tomato puree and paprika. Marinate the lamb rumps and leave for at least 6 hours (overnight preferably).
- 6To cook,place a frying pan onto the stove and add a trickle of oil. Once hot, place the rumps into the pan and seal on all sides.
- 7Place in the oven and check after 10 minutes. The rump should be cooked 'medium' by this stage.
- 8Leave for a further 10-15 minutes for cooking further. Once out of the oven, leave to rest for 2-3 minutes, then slice. Serve on the spiced rice.