Spiced Turkey Parcels with Coriander Raita
200200 g waxy potatoes
150150 g spring greens or Brussel sprouts, sliced
2 2 tbsp Country Range Vegetable Oil
2 2 medium onions, finely chopped
200200 g cooked turkey, diced
2 2 tbsp Country Range Soy Sauce
2 2 tbsp Country Range Tomato Purée
1 1 tbsp caster sugar
2 2 tsp Country Range Ground Coriander
½ ½ tsp Country Range Crushed Chillies, plus extra to garnish
2 2 tsp Country Range Ground Turmeric
½ ½ tsp Country Range Salt
½ ½ tsp Country Range Coarse Ground Black Pepper
11 tbsp Country Range Plain Flour
4 4 tsp Country Range Garam Masala
2 2 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
2 x 5002 x 500 g packs of puff pastry
1 1 large egg, beaten
33 tbsp Country Range Sesame Seeds, to garnish
For the coriander raita:For the coriander raita:
100100 g fresh coriander leaves
2 2 tsp Country Range Ground Cumin
6 6 tbsp Country Range Natural Yogurt
salt and pepper to taste
- 1Cook the potatoes in a pan of simmering salted water for 5-10 minutes or until tender. Add the greens or sprouts for the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain, reserving 200ml of the cooking water and set aside.
- 2Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onions and fry gently for 5 minutes until softened. Add the turkey, soy sauce, tomato puree, sugar, ground coriander, crushed chillies, turmeric, salt and pepper. Sprinkle in the flour and cook for a further 2 minutes
- 3Return the potatoes and greens to the frying pan and stir in the garam masala and fresh coriander. Set aside to cool.
- 4For the raita, blend all the ingredients together with a dash of water until smooth. Chill.
- 5Pre-heat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry until 3mm thick. Using a square pastry cutter approximately 90mm wide, cut out as many shapes as possible (around 40).
- 6Place a heaped teaspoon of the filling in the corner of each square then fold the pastry over to form a triangle, pressing the edges together to seal. Place on two oiled baking sheets, glaze with beaten egg and cook for 15-18 minutes.