Sticky Toffee Pudding
For the sticky toffee pudding:For the sticky toffee pudding:
8080 g Country Range Butter
180180 g Country Range Dates
3 3 tsp Country Range Coffee Granules
150150 ml hot water
½ ½ cap vanilla essence
150150 g dark brown sugar
22 Country Range Free Range Medium Eggs
180180 g Country Range Self Raising Flour
88 g Country Range Bicarbonate of Soda
For the toffee sauce:For the toffee sauce:
400400 g sugar
200200 g Country Range Butter
1 1 pt Country Range Whipping Cream
For the toffee mousse:For the toffee mousse:
2 ½ 2 ½ gelatine leaves
400400 g sugar
200200 ml Country Range Whipping Cream
500500 ml Country Range Whipping Cream, whipped
For the coffee snap:For the coffee snap:
250250 g sugar
2525 g Country Range Hazelnuts
1 1 tsp coffee beans, crushed
- 1For the toffee mousse, heat the sugar in a pan to make a light caramel. Add 200ml of cream then remove from the heat. Add the gelatine leaves then allow to cool. Once cool, fold in the whipped cream and pour into moulds. Leave to set for 12 hours before serving.
- 2For the pudding, pre-heat the oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2. Soak the dates in the hot water, coffee granules, vanilla essence and brown sugar for 1 hour then blend into a smooth purée.
- 3Beat the eggs and butter together for 10 minutes to create a smooth paste, then add the flour, bicarbonate of soda and date purée. Beat for a further 5 minutes then pour into a tin 20cm x 20cm (1/2 inch deep) and back for 30 minutes.
- 4For the toffee sauce, heat the sugar in a pan to make a light caramel. Add the butter, cream and vanilla pod and bring to the boil. Pass through a sieve to create a smooth sauce and pour over the pudding.
- 5For the coffee snap, heat the sugar in a pan to make a light caramel. Remove from the heat and add the crushed coffee beans. Pour onto silicone paper and allow to cool.
- 6Once the caramel has cooled, blend the hazelnuts to a fine dust and then sieve onto the caramel. Bake for 4 minutes at 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2 until it resembles a sheet. Leave to cool then wrap around the toffee mousse and serve with the pudding.