Strawberry Mille Feuille with Summer Fruit Sauce
1 1 kg Country Range Frozen Summer Berry Mix
300 300 g icing sugar
400 400 g Country Range Puff Pastry
400 400 g strawberries
1 1 ltr Country Range Whipping Cream
2 2 Country Range Vanilla Pods
20 20 g Country Range Cornflour
20 20 g Country Range Plain Flour
100 100 g caster sugar
4 4 Country Range Free Range Medium Egg yolks
- 1First make the summer fruit coulis - defrost the summer berry mix and blitz with the icing sugar until smooth, pass though a sieve and serve.
- 2To make mille feuille, roll out the pastry until it is 5mm thick.
- 3Lott with a fork and bake between two heavy baking trays at 160°C for 15-20 minutes until golden and crispy.
- 4Whilst it is still warm cut into 3 even size pieces and cool.
- 5To make the pastry cream, mix the caster sugar, plain flour and egg yolks in a bowl.
- 6Boil 500ml of the whipping cream with the scraped vanilla pods.
- 7Pour over the egg mix and whisk until well mixed.
- 8Return to the pan and whisk over heat until thick but not split . Chill.
- 9In a seperate bowl whip the remaining whipping cream until thick and creamy.
- 10Halve the strawberries and you're now ready to assemble the mille feuille.
- 11Place a layer of puff pastry, then a layer of pastry cream, then a layer of strawberry halves then a layer of whipped cream. Add the next layer of puff pastry and repeat the layers. Place the final layer of puff pastry and dust with icing sugar.
- 12Carefully place the large mille feuille on a long board and serve with the summer fruit coulis. Slice into 6 with a sharp knife and serve.