Sustainable Haddock and Crab Fishcake Asian Spices Saffron Mayonnaise
150150 g haddock pin boned
100100 g white crab meat picked of all shell!!! ensure crab meat is not wet
100 100 ml milk
7575 g potatoes boiled and put through potato ricer
2020 g spring onions thinly sliced
1414 g ginger peeled and finely grated or puree C/R
66 g cloves garlic crushed or paste C/R
3030 g mayonnaise C/R
1 1 egg beaten
3030 g flour C/R
100100 g breadcrumbs C/R
Salt and pepper C/R
Saffron MayonnaiseSaffron Mayonnaise
1 1 pkt powdered saffron
30 30 ml dry white wine C/R
120120 g mayonnaise C/R
lemon juice to taste
- 2Lightly poach haddock in milk remove from milk and flake.
- 3Thoroughly stir ginger and garlic into mayonnaise.
- 4Place mashed potato in a bowl and gently stir in all other ingredients, season to taste.
- 5Shape mixture into desired size and pass-through flour, egg and bread crumb. Refrigerate
- 6Can be made up to 24 hrs in advance.
- 7Saffron Mayonnaise
- 8Warm white wine
- 9Add saffron
- 10Let cool and add to mayonnaise
- 11Lemon juice to taste