Sweet & Sour Glazed Pork Belly
400 400 g pork belly
2 2 apples
1/2 1/2 white cabbage
1/21/2 bottle good quality cider
50 50 g Country Range Butter
5 5 tbsp Country Range Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 1Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- 2Roast the pork belly for 20 minutes and turn oven down to 140°C.
- 3Roast the pork belly for 2 hours until the meat is tender and crackling has formed.
- 4Cut the apples in to wedges and remove the seeds.
- 5Shred the cabbage and sauté in half of the butter.
- 6Add 1/4 bottle of cider to the cabbage and keep warm.
- 7Caramelise the apple pieces in butter and add 1 tbsp of the Sweet & Sour Sauce.
- 8Add apple mix to the to the cabbage mix.
- 9Use the leftover Sweet & Sour Sauce to glaze the pork belly.
- 10Cook for a further 40 minutes continually glazing.
- 11Cut the Pork Belly into 1cm thick slices.
- 12Place the cabbage mix on a plate and top with the sliced pork belly.
- 13Stir the juices and drizzle over the meat and enjoy.