Tea on the Green – Scone
2.252.25 kg Country Range plain flour
140140 g Country Range baking powder
285285 g Caster sugar
425425 g butter
1.41.4 lt milk
500500 g Country Range sultanas
- 1Add the flour, caster sugar and baking powder to a bowl and rub in the butter to create fine breadcrumbs.
- 2Add the sultanas and mix through. Make a well in the centre of your bowl and add the milk (you may not need all of it) to mix to a soft dough.
- 3Turn out onto a well floured board and knead gently until it comes together forming a smooth dough.
- 4Roll the dough out to 5cm depth and using a 9cm fluted cutter, cut approx 24 large scones. Place on a baking tray and leave in a warm place for 10/15 minutes before placing in 220c preheated oven.
- 5Cook for 13 minutes, turn and cook for a further 8/9 minutes.
- 6Serve with clotted cream and strawberry jam.