For the sandwich:For the sandwich:
2 2 slices Country Range Medium Sliced White Bread
1 1 slice Country Range Cooked Ham
2 2 slices Country Range Mature Cheddar
25 25 g Country Range Butter
For the topper:For the topper:
50 50 g Country Range Béchamel Sauce (made up)
25 25 g Country Range Grated Mature Cheddar
1 1 spring onion
4 4 Country Range Sundried Tomatoes
10 10 g Country Range English Mustard
11 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1Prepare the Béchamel as per instructions (but with 1/2 the amount of liquid stated in the instructions).
- 2Add the cheddar, mustard, sliced spring onion, chopped sundried tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce.
- 3Take off the heat and keep in a bowl to cool.
- 4Layer the sandwich as follows - bread, cheese, ham, cheese, bread.
- 5Butter the outsides and grill on a flat plancha for 2 minutes each side until light brown.
- 6Top with the Welsh rarebit and bake in a hot oven for 4 minutes.
- 7To serve, cut into 4 and splash with Worcestershire sauce.