- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Line two 7" sandwich tins with baking parchment.
- Blend in mix for carrot cake, water and oil in a bowl fitted with whisk beaters on slow speed for 1 minute. Scrape down and mix for a further 4 minutes on medium speed. Add grated carrot and mix on slow speed for 1 minute.
- Add a couple of generous handfuls of chopped walnuts, mixed dried fruit and dried apricots.
- Divide equally between the tins and bake for 20 minutes until risen and golden brown. Allow to cool.
- For the filling, beat the cream cheese with the icing sugar.
- When the cake is cooled, sandwich the two layers together with the cream cheese mixture.
- For the topping, mix 3 tbsp icing sugar with a little lemon juice until spreading consistency. Spread over the top of the cake. Add the walnut halves.
- Finally, lightly toast the dessicated coconut in a dry pan then sprinkle on the top of the cake.