Ultimate Carrot Cake
500500 g Country Range Mix for Carrot Cake
215215 ml cold water
5050 ml Country Range Vegetable Oil
140140 g carrots, grated
7575 g Country Range Walnut Pieces
7575 g Country Range Mixed Dried Fruit
7575 g Country Range Dried Apricot Halves, roughly chopped
For the filling:For the filling:
400x400x g Country Range Dried Apricot Halves, roughly chopped
5050 g icing sugar
For the topping:For the topping:
3 3 tbsp icing sugar
Country Range Lemon Juice
Country Range Walnut Halves
100100 g Country Range Desiccated Coconut
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Line two 7" sandwich tins with baking parchment.
- 2Blend in mix for carrot cake, water and oil in a bowl fitted with whisk beaters on slow speed for 1 minute. Scrape down and mix for a further 4 minutes on medium speed. Add grated carrot and mix on slow speed for 1 minute.
- 3Add a couple of generous handfuls of chopped walnuts, mixed dried fruit and dried apricots.
- 4Divide equally between the tins and bake for 20 minutes until risen and golden brown. Allow to cool.
- 5For the filling, beat the cream cheese with the icing sugar.
- 6When the cake is cooled, sandwich the two layers together with the cream cheese mixture.
- 7For the topping, mix 3 tbsp icing sugar with a little lemon juice until spreading consistency. Spread over the top of the cake. Add the walnut halves.
- 8Finally, lightly toast the dessicated coconut in a dry pan then sprinkle on the top of the cake.