A member of the ginger family, turmeric is known widely for its musky flavour and attractive bright golden colour. As well as being one of the primary essential ingredients in curry powder, historically it has also been used for centuries as a medicine and a dye, and it is the spice on many people’s lips at the moment in response to recent studies purporting its health-promoting and disease- preventing properties.
There are several ways in which we can simply add turmeric to many dishes such as:
- Scrambled eggs – add to your scrambled eggs with a little salt and pepper.
- Roasted vegetables – the light, warm subtle taste works well with garlic and herb roasted vegetables
- Rice – just add into your plain rice during cooking to give a mild flavour and a vibrant colour
- Soups and stews – turmeric helps lift the colour of lighter soups and creates an even more warming dish in a winter stew
- Smoothies – now being used with increasing regularity in smoothies due to its anti-oxidant properties and perceived health benefits
Country Range Ground Turmeric 550g